I got to be a summer contributor over at Ginger Snap Crafts! It was SO fun!! I really love her blog. It was a blog that I started reading long before I ever started blogging! This is the super yummy recipe that I shared over there!
Today I’m sharing a really fun summer recipe! S’mores Ice Cream Cake!
We’ve spent a lot of our summer nights out at our backyard fire pit roasting s’mores until way past dark. When it’s either too hot or too cold to roast s’mores, I try to make any version I can. This ice cream cake totally hits the spot. Especially on a hot summer day! It’s pretty easy to put together and it’s a really impressive dessert for serving guests! I took it with me to a party and it got rave reviews!
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C light corn syrup
- 8 graham cracker quartered
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 13 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 20-25 large marshmallows halved
- Preheat the oven to 355. Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch spring-form pan and bake for 12 minutes. Allow that to cool completely.
- After the crust is cool, gently pour the marshmallow cream over the crust. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the marshmallow cream freezes, make the fudge layer. Combine the semi-sweet chocolate, heavy cream and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir really well and allow that to cool. When the marshmallow cream is frozen, pour the fudge over it and freeze again for 20 minutes.
- After the fudge is frozen, spoon the softened ice cream over the fudge and re-freeze for 20 minutes.
- When the ice cream is frozen, take the marshmallow halves and arrange over the top of the entire cake. Melt for a few minutes under your broiler or with a kitchen torch. If you're not ready to serve it, you can re-freeze until you're ready.
- Just before serving the cake, take off the pan ring and arrange the graham cracker quarters around the outside. And then go "wow" your guests!
- The cake seems to cut easier if you run your knife under hot water before each slice. This is seriously my favorite way to eat ice cream right now! Yumm-o!
Momma Mellon says
Just followed you on Bloglovin. :)
WE are having a camping birthday party next week so I think I am going to make this! We LOVE S’mores!