Hi there! I’m Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy. I’m super excited to be here at Love and Laundry today!
So I recently ventured out to the local farmer’s market with all four of my boys in tow. Yep, I’m crazy like that. I brought an extra large Diet Coke with me so I had energy to deal with them all (ha!). It was a beautiful day and I was surprised at how much my boys enjoyed looking at the booths and produce. We ended up buying a lot of goodies, including a huge bag of amazing freshly-picked peaches.
Which leads me to this yummy recipe. I have a serious sweet tooth but try to eat healthy, so I find myself making a lot of muffins instead of desserts. I guess I find it easier to make them somewhat healthified (is that a word?!). Anyway, these muffins are amazing. They’re moist and the peach flavor is awesome. Every time I make them, I lick the batter from the bowl. Y-U-M. You can substitute applesauce in place of the butter and if you’re not a huge peach fan, use berries in place of the peaches. My boys and husband love these and I hope you will too! They’re the perfect summer breakfast or treat!
Amazing Peach Muffins
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter OR applesauce for lower fat
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup peeled and diced peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cupcake pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine egg, butter (or applesauce), sugar, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk to large mixing bowl, stirring until just blended. Fold in peaches.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated oven. Yummy when warm, enjoy!!
Stop on by my blog to get more yummy recipes! See you soon!
There’s more to this post! Click to keep reading.