Hi everyone! I’m Shannah from Just Us Four! I’m psyched to be here to share a delicious recipe with you while Shatzi is taking some time away from her blog.
Lasagna is one of those dishes that are easy to put together and always a crowd favorite. Traditional lasagna is filled with creamy ricotta, tomato sauce and delicious mozzarella cheese. For a twist on this traditional dish, I changed up the sauce and cheese and rolled them into lasagna rolls versus making a layered casserole.
What You’ll Need:– 2 Tbsp of butter – 1/2 tsp oregano – 1 garlic clove, minced – 1/2 tsp basil – 1/4 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp black pepper – 1/4 cup flour – 1 cup milk – 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth – 1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp shredded swiss or gruyere cheese – 1/2 cup grated parmesan, divided – 1/2 cup chopped broccoli – 1/2 cup diced ham – 1 cup ricotta cheese – 1 egg – 6-8 lasagna noodles, cooked and laid flat
Let’s Make It:1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter. Saute herbs and garlic until fragrant.
3) Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
4) Slowly whisk in milk and broth. Cook, over medium heat, until mixture comes to a boil, whisking frequently. Boil for one minute.
Remove mixture from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until smooth.
5) In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, broccoli, ham, remaining Parmesan cheese and egg.
6) Lay a lasagna noodle flat and spread some of the ricotta cheese mixture down the middle.
Roll the noddle up to create a spiral. Repeat for all noodles.
7) Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place lasagna rolls on top of the cheese pan.
8) Spoon remaining sauce on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp of Gruyere cheese. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven or until golden brown.
The combination of the creamy Swiss cheese with the ham and broccoli makes this dish perfect for a family dinner.
What is your favorite meal to make? Do you have a twist on a classic recipe that you like to make?
Well, I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please come visit me over at my blog to find even more recipes, a few crafts and even a DIY project here and there. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
There’s more to this post! Click to keep reading.