I love pumpkin. And I love cream cheese. So, when I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pound Cake, I knew I had to try it.
This is so delicious! My husband isn’t a huge fan of pumpkin and even he loved this velvety and moist cake. You can bake pound cake in a Bundt pan, but I like to do it in my bread pans. I love pound cake because it’s more dense and smooth than a traditional quick bread. And it’s just as easy to make.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pound Cake
adapted from Tasty Kitchen Blog
3 sticks of butter, softened
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons of vanilla
3 1/4 cups of cake flour -OR- all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Measure flour in one bowl and crack eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
4. Alternate adding in flour and eggs, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Do not over-mix.
5. Pour batter into a prepared Bundt pan or 2 bread pans. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until done. Check the cake after 1 hour and 15 minutes. After baking, allow to cool.